Monday, February 2, 2009

"Be Still" By Hillary Weeks

Another day.
I'll try again.
But can you tell me, will the hurting ever end?

I've been taught and I believe, but it's been a while since I've been on my knees.
But, I need You by my side.  I don't have the strength to make it on my own.
And LORD, do You hear my prayer?  How soon will You answer me?

I know you're weary.  I know you've had all you can bear.
And now you ask of Me on bended knees; I promise I'll be there.
I've watched you struggle, and yet I can see how much you've grown.
Child could you feel My power in your darkest hour.  You are not alone.

Be still and know that I am GOD.  
I'm by your side -whom shall you fear?
I'll give you strength,
My child - I AM HERE.

Be still and know that I am GOD,
and there's no prayer that I won't hear.
Lift up your head, my child!

I AM HERE

(from the album "He Hears Me")

No comments: